26 11 2018
On the session held on November 26, 2018, the High Court Council adopted the 2018-2022 Communication Strategy for the Council and the Courts. The USAID Rule of Law Project developed this document as the basis for establishing proactive, consistent and strategic communication of the judicial system towards the citizens and the media as an integral part of their everyday operations. The Strategy envisages introducing professional PRs in courts, as well as creating a national court PR network which would allow for knowledge and experience sharing with regard to public and media relations.
You can find the adopted Communication Strategy for the High Court Council and the Courts here.
Transparent and accessible courts are one of the essential elements of building public trust into the judiciary. Citizens’ trust into the judicial system grows with an increased understanding of the way in which courts operate, and especially with increased assurances that everyone has equal opportunity to exercise their rights in a court of law. That is why courts and judges have to be more open towards media, while additional, professional efforts need to be invested in promoting the work of the courts.
This Strategy follows in the wake of the previous Communication Strategy of the High Court Council which covered the 2016-2018 period and was primarily aimed at this institution. Through constructive dialogue with the Council, the USAID Rule of Law Project has identified the strategic objective of the new Strategy in the direction of development and continuous realization of a concrete and positive shift in proactive and planned communication and public relations for the Council and the courts, primarily with the media, in order to increase understanding and build public trust into the judiciary. That is why the Communication Strategy now encompasses both the Council and the courts as interventions envisaged under specific goals have to be coordinated and implemented on the level of the whole system.
Overall Strategic Objective – the Strategic Vision:
Achieving complete transparency in the work of the Council and the courts and subsequent outreach towards the citizens, especially through improvements to the communication and public relations practices in the Council and the courts.
1. Building functional and sustainable communication systems in the Council and the courts which can meet the requests of the public.
2. Developing a strategic approach to communication and public relations, as well as making communication an integral part of the work of the courts.
3. Implementing planned and proactive communication with/towards the media as the target group for the Council and the courts with an unquestionable significance in shaping the public image of the judiciary.
4. Developing a methodology for improving external and internal communication with a specific focus on the employees of the courts (judges, court staff) and the clients (lawyers, parties to a case, other users).
5. Improving the communication of the Council and the courts on the internet.
USAID Rule of Law Project will continue to work with the High Court Council on activities related to implementing objectives and measures envisaged under the Strategy. Developing a two-year Action Plan for implementing the Strategy is planned.
26 02 2021
31 12 2019
06 12 2019
12 07 2019
19 06 2019
03 06 2019
10 05 2019
12 02 2019
07 12 2018
30 10 2018
08 10 2018
07 09 2018
31 05 2018
15 03 2018
06 03 2018
02 03 2018
22 12 2017